Competition theme: Listening
First prize £150
We are pleased to announce that the Borderlines Poetry Competition is now open. The competition is an important element of the festival and attracts over 150 entries a year. The theme for 2022 is “Listening”. Our judge this year is Alston based poet Josephine Dickinson. You can find out more about her here - https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/josephine-dickinson
The first prize for the poetry competition is £150 and £30 and £20 will be awarded to two runners-up for highly commended poems. The prize winners are asked to record themselves reading their poem and will be invited to read their prize-winning poem at the Borderlines Open Mic Poetry night on Thursday 6th October. If you cannot attend, someone else will be able to read it for you.
How do I Enter
- Original poem on the theme of Listening
- Entry fee £4.00 per poem entered, with a maximum of three entries.
- No poem should have been previously published in print or online or have been awarded a prize in any other competition
- Last date for entries is midnight on Sunday 18th September 2022
- Entries should be submitted online as a DOC, DOCX or PDF file.
- Borderlines reserves the right to publish any entries on its website and social media channels.
- Simultaneous submission is allowed, but please inform us if your poem is published elsewhere or has won a prize.
- Entries can be from anywhere in the world and we welcome entries from underrepresented groups. The competition is judged anonymously.
- Buy an Entry (Once completed, you will have a reference code on your ticket. If you enter more than one poem, you need to buy separate entry forms for each poem, to generate a different reference number)
- Fill in our Competition Entry Form (You'll need the reference code from your ticket. You will also be asked for your name, email address, contact number, title of the poem and the credit line you wish to be used)
- If you are unable to submit an entry online, you can do so via postal entry to Borderlines Poetry Competition, c/o Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery, Castle Street, Carlisle, CA3 8TP. Enclosing a cheque covering entry fee, made payable to Borderlines Book Festival. The poem should be printed single spaced and only have its title on the same document. Please include a separate document with name, address, email, phone number and the title of the poem.
For further information, please email email@example.com